This morning we visited the Staatsnatuurreservaat De Westhoek, a dunes and nature reserve about 2k out of De Panne. Even though it wasn’t actually raining it was cold and windy.
Primroses in bloom in the background.
This sign for creepy crawlers appears to be the sign posted to describe the mobile homes in France that ‘creep’ right up against the Belgian border.
The fence that leads onto the beach.
On the dunes, a skinny escargot, at least compared to the fat ones we saw in France, which was where we were headed next.
Our trip to Belgium, roughly flowing the beer route:
SOME VISITS TO A FEW TRADITIONAL BARS IN BRUSSELS:
- a 300 year-old bar in Brussels
- a la Becasse, a traditional pub in Brussels
- a la Mort Subite, a historic brasserie in Brussels
MORE ON FAIRYTALE BRUGES (BRUGGE):
- lunch at the Cambrinus
- tour of the Brewery in Bruges
- t’ Brugs Beertje in Bruges
- dinner at the Cambrinus
- warming up a chilly day in Bruges
- the Verdi B&B
RAMBLINGS ON GHENT:
- beer and museums on our first day in Ghent
- beer, food and museums on our second day in Ghent – Part 1
- Ghent SMAK exhibit, the conceptual Bulgarian artist Nedko Solakov
- beer, food and museums on our second day in Ghent – Part 2