July is the month for the Lavender Festival in Sequim on the Olympic Peninsula, Washington.
While a lot of the Olympic Peninsula is rain forest (up to 150 inches a year), sunny Sequim only gets about 17 inches of rain a year, perfect for growing lavender.
For more on this Purple Travel Theme: http://wheresmybackpack.com/2014/07/18/travel-theme-purple/
Test Road Trip to the Olympic Peninsula
- Planning a Road Trip: Old Ways Vs. New Ways
- A Deception Pass Boat Trip & Whale Watching
- Washington State Parks on Whidbey Island
- On the Ferry to Port Townsend
- Port Townsend
- Sequim Lavender Fields
- A Hike up Hurricane Ridge
- Marymere Falls
- The Hall of Mosses Trail in the Hoh Rain Forest
- Ruby Beach
- Ocean Shores