Tuesday, September 22
Tuesday was spent at Arches National Park. The only note in my journal is that we saw a desert cottontail very early in the day; everything else is scribbled on the maps of the park.
Notes from our map:
1. View from La Sal Mountains Viewpoint.
2. Neither of us took any photos at the Courthouse Towers. For the Petrified Dunes Viewpoint I have a note: ‘No photos, not that photogenic’ but Al found it more photogenic than me and took this shot.
3. Balanced Rock. Of course we both have dozens of shots of this natural monument.
4. Hiking down the trail to ‘The Windows’ section.
5. A view of ‘Delicate Arch’ from the distance. We were planning to catch this arch up close during the sunset.
6. Our next stop was ‘Devil’s Garden’, a long (and at times very difficult) hike.